This program is also offered through our National College campuses in the following locations:
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
The Associate of Science degree in Cybersecurity provides and extends training in computer networks by requiring a significant number of courses in security defense tactics and strategy, in networks both wired and wireless. The course content emphasizes:
- The core set of skills needed for practical and dynamic network defense.
- How to recognize and analyze suspicious network traffic patterns.
- How to perform Security and Vulnerability Assessments.
Whether you are interested in starting or advancing your career in this specialized field, this program will prepare you to sit for certification exams from vendors such as Microsoft® and industry recognized certifications exams administered through CompTIA® and EC Council®. These certifications can help you stand out in today's competitive job market and broaden employment opportunities.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your associate's degree in cybersecurity, you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you further your education in the field of cybersecurity; or continue your education in other high-demand fields at the bachelor's degree level in areas such as information technology and business administration management.
Currently, there are no related news articles.
ONET Occupational Crosswalk Matches
Estimated tuition costs
||$317/credit X 96 credits = $30432|
||$225/course X 24 courses = $5400|
||$15/Term X 8 terms = $120|
On-Time Completion Rate and Median Loan Debt
|Applies to||On-Time Completion Rate||Median Title IV Loan Debt||Median Private Loan Debt|
|Bristol, Charlottesville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Danville VA, Dayton Area, Harrisonburg, Knoxville, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Online, Parkersburg, Princeton, Roanoke Valley, Stark Co (Canton), and Youngstown campuses.
|Bartlett, Madison, Memphis, Nashville, Akron Area and Cleveland campuses
|Danville KY, Florence, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lexington, Louisville, Pikeville, Richmond and South Bend campuses
Additional Notes: Areas marked N/A indicate that 10 or less individuals graduated from this program during the specified reporting period and used this particular source of funding.
Online Courses Through ANU
At American National University, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education and to achieve their career goals. We offer busy students in bachelor and MBA programs the option of taking classes through our convenient online learning platform. As an online American National University student, you'll receive the same career-focused education with personal attention from our faculty and staff that students receive in our classrooms... such as academic advising, mentoring, and career services. The only difference is you can choose when to study so that it works with your schedule, leaving you more flexibility to balance life's priorities.
Find out more about online classes with American National University, including what it's like to be an online student, here.