Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Degree
Become a highly sought-after cybersecurity professional
Cyber-attacks are being waged all over the world - whether at a corporation, government agency, or communications system. From online banking to electronic commerce to transportation operations, our world increasingly depends on a cyber-infrastructure. Handling these diverse software and controls systems against malicious users has become a national priority.
The demand for cybersecurity professionals has never been greater. The U.S. Department of Labor projects a 22% growth in network security related careers through 2020¹. Be prepared to meet this critical need and secure your IT career with a Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity² from American National University.
With a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity you will be prepared to compete for entry-level positions like: network security specialist, digital forensics and incident response specialist or vulnerability analyst.
Are you looking to get into the workforce sooner? An associate's degree in Cybersecurity will provide the foundational skills employers require and get you into the job market quicker than you thought possible.
See also our Cybersecurity Associate's degree online program.
Your Learning Experience
The American National University's Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity program is designed to prepare you for a rewarding career in the network security industry. As a student you will learn practices for the design of secure modern networks as well as how to secure existing computers and networks - both wired and wireless; and cover topics about evolving threats and the proper use of specific security tools. Your coursework will focus on:
- The core set of skills needed for practical and dynamic network defense.
- Technical issues related to safe software and architectures, as well as the broader issues of privacy and legal ramifications.
- Topics ranging from cryptographic methods, data and information security, virtualization and cloud computing, disaster recovery and risk management principles, computer forensics and investigations, and biometrics as they apply to computer security.
- How to investigate cybersecurity threats and master techniques needed to protect the network.
Whether you are interested in starting or advancing your career in this specialized field, this program will prepare you to sit for certifications exams from vendors such as Microsoft® and industry recognized certifications exams administered through CompTIA® and EC Council®. These certifications can help you stand out in today's competitive job market and broaden employment opportunities.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your degree in cybersecurity, you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you further your education in the field of cybersecurity; or continue your education in other high-demand fields at the bachelor's degree and graduate levels in areas such information technology and business administration management.
¹ Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 Edition.
² The online division of American National University is approved to offer the Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity in the state of Virginia..
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.410.6109.
- Convenience and flexibility¹ – Available completely online, your coursework offers the flexibility you need to earn your degree while continuing to work.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
“When I have a position to fill in my company, I go to ANU first.”
Cost & Disclosure Information: