College in Florence KYView our Facebook page.
American National University (ANU) has served Florence and northern Kentucky for many years. Now, we bring our eUniversity to you so you can be live, in class, from anywhere.
American National University (ANU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and offers programs through distance education. Programs offered include:
Diplomas & Certificates
Associate's Degree Programs
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Graduate Degree Programs
Contact an Admission representative to learn about which degree program may be best for you.
Will I be able to fit classes into my busy life?
Our curricula are geared for students with busy work and family lives, who are looking to get started in a new career or advance in their current line of work. With your busy schedule in mind, ANU offers:
- Online, on-campus, or blended degree programs: that allow you to take classes on your time in a format that fits you
- Video conferencing options: which allows us to offer you classes without delaying your schedule and connects you to students across campuses and states
- Day and evening on-campus classes1: To fit your scheduling needs
- Each on-campus class held once a week: Leaving you with more time open for work and family
- Frequent term starts with short breaks in between: so you can finish your degree quickly and retain the information you’ve learned
- Short programs: Designed to equip you with a degree and get you started on your career without wasting your time
Will I be able to afford it?
Our professional financial planners can craft a plan to make college a reality for you. We understand that each student has unique circumstances and questions, which is why each student meets personally with a student service representative to identify available sources of financial assistance. Several financial aid/FAFSA options are available to students who qualify including:
- ANU Funded Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Financial (FAFSA) Assistance
- Private Grants and Scholarships
What if I need help?
American National University has a family-like campus atmosphere with all the resources of a large university. From small classes, to a team of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you succeed, you’ll find you will fit right into the ANU eUniversity/eLearning community.
- Personalized attention: receive one-on-one attention from teachers and staff members who know you by name
- Hands on learning with career professionals as instructors: Rather than just relying upon theoretical book learning, ANU offers instruction that gives you practical experience in your field, taught by people who have experience in your future field
- Career Services: Even before you graduate, our career services team can help you prepare your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and offer support in your search for your future career opportunities
- Alumni Benefits: Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher2 courses available throughout your career.
Come in for a tour of your future classrooms and meet your future teachers, staff members, and fellow-students today!
Where Are You Located?
Our campuses are easy to get to, offer ample parking, and with our eLearning options you may even be able to take classes from home.
Directions to the eUniversity/eLearning VA location:
The key to our success is a faculty of Professional Instructors with Industry Experience. Drawing on personal insights, our instructors provide students with a real-world perspective to prepare them for success in well-defined fields of employment.
At American National University we emphasize individual attention for our students, from enrollment to graduation with frequent and helpful faculty interaction every step of the way. Our class sizes are smaller, with an average of 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Our Faculty at a Glance
Lead Instructor of IT & Business Programs
BS, MIS, A+ MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE, MCT
Valerie Bowman has held several positions in the IT field for over 30 years in both the public and private sectors, including work as a support specialist, a networking consultant, and an IT Department Director. She received her bachelor's degree in management from Northern Kentucky University and her master's degree in Information Systems from University of Phoenix. In addition, Valerie holds an A+ certification from CompTia as well as MCP, MCP+Internet, MCSE, and MCT certifications from Microsoft. She is currently the IT Department Chair for the Florence Campus and teaches a wide range of courses in the areas of office technology, business, math, and computer networking.
Director of Health Science Education
CME, Med.ED, AHA
Kathreen Buckner attended Cincinnati Metropolitan College in Cincinnati, OH. She holds her Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA). She is also a certified CPR instructor by the American Heart Association.
Director of Surgical Technology
Deborah Shumate is a Certified Surgical Technologist and a member of NBSTSA. She attended Ivy Tech for Surgical Technology and then the University of Cincinnati for applied administration. Ms. Shumate has worked at several major hospitals in the area, including Christ Hospital.
Career Services and Employer Partnerships
At American National University, the success of our students is always priority number one.
American National University knows that transitioning from being a student to becoming a working professional requires more than just a good education. At ANU, the process of helping you find great career opportunities begins long before you enter our doors. The academic leaders at ANU work with local employers to ensure that our programs align with careers of today and the future.
We will assist you with creating goals and exploring career options. No matter where you are in your career, you will always have access to the full range of services. Here are a few of the many services we offer:
- Mock interviews
- Business etiquette training
- DVD, books, and magazines on conducting your job search
- Coaching on dressing for success
- Assistance with writing resumes and cover letters
- Tips on researching potential employers
- Access to current local job openings
» Highlight on Local Employers
Distinguished Local Employers will be added to this campus location soon.