College in Lexington KYView our Facebook page.
American National University (ANU) has served Lexington and central Kentucky since 1915. Now, we bring our eUniversity to you so you can be live, in class, from anywhere.
American National University (ANU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and offers programs through distance education. Programs offered include:
Diplomas & Certificates
Associate's Degree Programs
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Graduate Degree Programs
Contact an Admission representative to learn about which degree program may be best for you.
Will I be able to fit classes into my busy life?
Our curricula are geared for students with busy work and family lives, who are looking to get started in a new career or advance in their current line of work. With your busy schedule in mind, ANU offers:
- Online, on-campus, or blended degree programs: that allow you to take classes on your time in a format that fits you
- Video conferencing options: which allows us to offer you classes without delaying your schedule and connects you to students across campuses and states
- Day and evening on-campus classes1: To fit your scheduling needs
- Each on-campus class held once a week: Leaving you with more time open for work and family
- Frequent term starts with short breaks in between: so you can finish your degree quickly and retain the information you’ve learned
- Short programs: Designed to equip you with a degree and get you started on your career without wasting your time
Will I be able to afford it?
Our professional financial planners can craft a plan to make college a reality for you. We understand that each student has unique circumstances and questions, which is why each student meets personally with a student service representative to identify available sources of financial assistance. Several financial aid/FAFSA options are available to students who qualify including:
- ANU Funded Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Financial (FAFSA) Assistance
- Private Grants and Scholarships
What if I need help?
American National University has a family-like campus atmosphere with all the resources of a large university. From small classes, to a team of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you succeed, you’ll find you will fit right into the ANU Lexington community.
- Personalized attention: receive one-on-one attention from teachers and staff members who know you by name
- Hands on learning with career professionals as instructors: Rather than just relying upon theoretical book learning, ANU offers instruction that gives you practical experience in your field, taught by people who have experience in your future field
- Career Services: Even before you graduate, our career services team can help you prepare your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and offer support in your search for your future career opportunities
- Alumni Benefits: Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher2 courses available throughout your career.
Come in for a tour of your future classrooms and meet your future teachers, staff members, and fellow-students today!
Where Are You Located?
Our campuses are easy to get to, offer ample parking, and with our eLearning options you may even be able to take classes from home.
Directions to the Lexington KY location:
From the North on I-75: Take Exit 110 (Winchester Road).Head west on Winchester Rd (US 60) approximately 1/3 mile. Turn left onto Sir Barton Way. The college will be on your left after approximately 1 mile.
From the East on I-64: Take Exit 81 to I-75 South. Head west on Winchester Rd (US 60) approximately 1/3 mile. Turn left onto Sir Barton Way. The college will be on your left after approximately 1 mile.
Take Exit 108 Man O'War. Travel southwest on Man O'War Blvd (Hwy 1425) approximately ¼ mile. Turn right onto Sir Barton Way. The college will be on your right after approximately 1-1/4 mile
The key to our success is a faculty of Professional Instructors with Industry Experience. Drawing on personal insights, our instructors provide students with a real-world perspective to prepare them for success in well-defined fields of employment.
At American National University we emphasize individual attention for our students, from enrollment to graduation with frequent and helpful faculty interaction every step of the way. Our class sizes are smaller, with an average of 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Our Faculty at a Glance
Director of Radio
William Gray has worked in the Radio and Television field for more than 15 years. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Morehead State University. William is currently the Director of the Radio and Television Broadcasting program at the Lexington Campus and teaches many of the related courses.
William has been featured in our National Newsletter. » read article
Department Chair - Accounting
James Hurst has been with National College since 1976 and has served as the Department Chair for the Business and Accounting program at the Lexington Campus since 1982. He holds a bachelor's degree in Accounting and a master's degree in Business Education and has completed two years of law school. He is presently an accountant for Cardiology Associates, Mid-America Rare Coin Galleries, and other local businesses.
Angela Maggard holds a bachelor's degree from Morehead State University, as well as an Associate degree in nursing & allied health and radiologic technology. She worked in General, Cardiovascular, & Thoracic Surgery for 10 years before starting her own medical consulting business. Angela has been an instructor at National College for 10 years and also currently works as a Paramed Examiner for insurance and disability companies.
Paula McGee holds a Bachelor of Science degree in information technology from Sullivan University. She worked as a programmer with a company designing software for government offices and has most recently worked as an executive assistant. Paula is an instructor of Microsoft, keyboarding, and ISE courses at the National College Lexington Campus.
Director of Health Science Education
AS, CMA (AAMA), RMA (AMT), NCPT
Stephanie Slone has worked in the medical field for more than 5 years. She is currently pursuing her Bachelor's degree in Health Care Management. She holds both Registered Medical Assisting and Certified Medical Assisting certifications. She also has national certification as a phlebotomist. Stephanie currently teaches pharmacology, dosage and calculations, as well as all clinical medical assisting courses and serves as the Director of Health Care Education for the Danville, KY Campus.
Penelope Stauffer has been serving the community as an educator since 1975. She has been an instructor in West Virginia and Kentucky in both private and public schools. Currently at National College, Penelope teaches courses in Environmental Science, Biology, Microbiology, and Diseases of the Human Body. She holds a bachelor's degree in Biological and General Science and a master's degree in Education from Marshall University.
Doris Ward has worked in the medical field since 1988 and has a medical background in family practice, general vascular surgery, and radiation/oncology. She works in ASC and is a certified professional coder. Doris has been an instructor at National College's Lexington Campus since 2005.
Career Services and Employer Partnerships
At American National University, the success of our students is always priority number one.
American National University knows that transitioning from being a student to becoming a working professional requires more than just a good education. At ANU, the process of helping you find great career opportunities begins long before you enter our doors. The academic leaders at ANU work with local employers to ensure that our programs align with careers of today and the future.
We will assist you with creating goals and exploring career options. No matter where you are in your career, you will always have access to the full range of services. Here are a few of the many services we offer:
- Mock interviews
- Business etiquette training
- DVD, books, and magazines on conducting your job search
- Coaching on dressing for success
- Assistance with writing resumes and cover letters
- Tips on researching potential employers
- Access to current local job openings
» Highlight on Local Employers
Distinguished Local Employers will be added to this campus location soon.