Lynchburg Campus (College in Lynchburg)
Main Campus: 1813 E. Main St., Salem, VA 24153 · 540-986-1800
American National University (ANU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and offers state-of-the-art degrees and diplomas in medical, business, and technology fields such as:
Diplomas & Certificates
Associate's Degree Programs
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Graduate Degree Programs
Will I be able to fit classes into my busy life?
Our curricula are geared for students with busy work and family lives, who are looking to get started in a new career or advance in their current line of work. With your busy schedule in mind, ANU offers:
- Online, on-campus, or blended degree programs: that allow you to take classes on your time in a format that fits you
- Video conferencing options: which allows us to offer you classes without delaying your schedule and connects you to students across campuses and states
- Day and evening on-campus classes1: To fit your scheduling needs
- Each on-campus class held once a week: Leaving you with more time open for work and family
- Frequent term starts with short breaks in between: so you can finish your degree quickly and retain the information you’ve learned
- Short programs: Designed to equip you with a degree and get you started on your career without wasting your time
Will I be able to afford it?
Our professional financial planners can craft a plan to make college a reality for you. We understand that each student has unique circumstances and questions, which is why each student meets personally with a student service representative to identify available sources of financial assistance. Several financial aid/FAFSA options are available to students who qualify including:
- ANU Funded Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Financial (FAFSA) Assistance
- Private Grants and Scholarships
What if I need help?
American National University has a family-like campus atmosphere with all the resources of a large university. From small classes, to a team of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you succeed, you’ll find you will fit right into the ANU Lynchburg community.
- Personalized attention: receive one-on-one attention from teachers and staff members who know you by name
- Hands on learning with career professionals as instructors: Rather than just relying upon theoretical book learning, ANU offers instruction that gives you practical experience in your field, taught by people who have experience in your future field
- Career Services: Even before you graduate, our career services team can help you prepare your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and offer support in your search for your future career opportunities
- Alumni Benefits: Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher2 courses available throughout your career.
Come in for a tour of your future classrooms and meet your future teachers, staff members, and fellow-students today!
Where Are You Located?
Our campuses are easy to get to, offer ample parking, and with our eLearning options you may even be able to take classes from home.
Directions to the Lynchburg VA location:
From Amherst (North), Follow 29 South, which turns into 501 North to Exit 10B (460 West Business, Timberlake Road). Once on Timberlake Road go through 4 traffic lights. Candlewood Court is on the right side of the road at the fifth light (between Wendy's and a bank). Take the second drive on the right to National College.
From Bedford (West), Follow 460 to the 460 Business (Timberlake Road) exit. Once on Timberlake go to the 8th traffic light and turn left onto Candlewood Court (there is a Wendy's and a bank). National College is the second drive on the right.
From the south and east, Follow 460 W to the "Airport Road to Greenview Drive" exit (there is no exit number). Turn right off the exit ramp. Go to the second light (at Kentucky Fried Chicken) and then turn right onto Timberlake Road. Turn left onto Candlewood Court at the second light. National College is the second drive on the right.
The key to our success is a faculty of Professional Instructors with Industry Experience. Drawing on personal insights, our instructors provide students with a real-world perspective to prepare them for success in well-defined fields of employment.
At American National University we emphasize individual attention for our students, from enrollment to graduation with frequent and helpful faculty interaction every step of the way. Our class sizes are smaller, with an average of 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Our Faculty at a Glance
Assoc. Healthcare Tech., Bach. Allied Health, CPT, CET
Kimberly has several years experience in fire and EMS. She spent 3 years as a substitute teacher, first responder, and safety officer at her daughters school. She worked as an On-site Phlebotomist/Lab Technician before becoming an instructor. She is also a BLS Instructor through Centra Health. Before joining ANU in 2018, Kimberly was a Medical Program Instructor at Miller-Motte Technical College.
BSMT (ASCP), MAd
Judith Bateman holds a bachelor's degree in Medical Technology and a master's degree in Industrial Management. She has worked in various hospitals throughout her career, culminating with a position she held for seven years in the UVA Medical Center Virology/Microbiology Department. She previously served as a Research and Development Microbiologist/QA Microbiologist for 20 years. Judith has been an instructor at the Lynchburg Campus since 2009.
Virginia Whitby has served in a variety of positions in business, mental health, and within the justice system. Virginia has a MA in Marriage & Family Therapy, which she earned through Liberty University. Virginia facilitated groups for Georgia Department of Corrections for several years. Virginia currently teaches ENG 090 and MATH 090 to American National University students to provide additional support to students as they pursue their education and career goals.
Career Services and Employer Partnerships
At American National University, the success of our students is always priority number one.
American National University knows that transitioning from being a student to becoming a working professional requires more than just a good education. At ANU, the process of helping you find great career opportunities begins long before you enter our doors. The academic leaders at ANU work with local employers to ensure that our programs align with careers of today and the future.
We will assist you with creating goals and exploring career options. No matter where you are in your career, you will always have access to the full range of services. Here are a few of the many services we offer:
- Mock interviews
- Business etiquette training
- DVD, books, and magazines on conducting your job search
- Coaching on dressing for success
- Assistance with writing resumes and cover letters
- Tips on researching potential employers
- Access to current local job openings
» Highlight on Local Employers
“When I have a position to fill in my company, I go to ANU first.”