Memphis Campus (College in Memphis)
The Memphis Campus is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). ABHES is recognized by the United States Secretary of Education for the accreditation of private, postsecondary institutions in the United States offering predominantly allied health education programs.
Programs on Campus
Through American National University - Salem (Roanoke Valley), separately accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, students have access to multiple online programs through Distance Education eLearning formats.
Will I be able to fit classes into my busy life?
Our curricula are geared for students with busy work and family lives, who are looking to get started in a new career or advance in their current line of work. With your busy schedule in mind, ANU offers:
- Online, on-campus, or blended degree programs: that allow you to take classes on your time in a format that fits you
- Video conferencing options: which allows us to offer you classes without delaying your schedule and connects you to students across campuses and states
- Day and evening on-campus classes1: To fit your scheduling needs
- Each on-campus class held once a week: Leaving you with more time open for work and family
- Frequent term starts with short breaks in between: so you can finish your degree quickly and retain the information you’ve learned
- Short programs: Designed to equip you with a degree and get you started on your career without wasting your time
Will I be able to afford it?
Our professional financial planners can craft a plan to make college a reality for you. We understand that each student has unique circumstances and questions, which is why each student meets personally with a student service representative to identify available sources of financial assistance. Several financial aid/FAFSA options are available to students who qualify including:
- ANU Funded Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Financial (FAFSA) Assistance
- Private Grants and Scholarships
What if I need help?
American National University has a family-like campus atmosphere with all the resources of a large university. From small classes, to a team of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you succeed, you’ll find you will fit right into the ANU Memphis community.
- Personalized attention: receive one-on-one attention from teachers and staff members who know you by name
- Hands on learning with career professionals as instructors: Rather than just relying upon theoretical book learning, ANU offers instruction that gives you practical experience in your field, taught by people who have experience in your future field
- Career Services: Even before you graduate, our career services team can help you prepare your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and offer support in your search for your future career opportunities
- Alumni Benefits: Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher2 courses available throughout your career.
Come in for a tour of your future classrooms and meet your future teachers, staff members, and fellow-students today!
The key to our success is a faculty of Professional Instructors with Industry Experience. Drawing on personal insights, our instructors provide students with a real-world perspective to prepare them for success in well-defined fields of employment.
At American National University we emphasize individual attention for our students, from enrollment to graduation with frequent and helpful faculty interaction every step of the way. Our class sizes are smaller, with an average of 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Our Faculty at a Glance
Carolyn Bowman has been working in the healthcare field for 18 years. After a career in nursing, she became an instructor. Carolyn has an associate degree in nursing from Northwest Mississippi Community College. She teaches Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, Invasive and Non-Invasive Clinical Procedures, and Introduction to Pharmacology courses at the Memphis Campus.
Department Chair - Business Management
Patrenna Singletary Hancock has served in a variety of positions within corporate America for several Fortune 500 companies. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management from Crichton College and is licensed in several states in Life and Health Insurance. Patrenna is the President of The Singletary Network, Managing Consultant for Singletary Investment Consultants, Nashville Regional Chapter Leader for Business Over Coffee, Radio Talk Show Host for Business Over Coffee Nashville, Editor in Chief for Singletary the Magazine, and Editor for Just My Nashville Magazine. Patrenna has received numerous awards, including: 2012 Educator of Distinction from the Tennessee Association of Independent Colleges and Schools, National College Distinguished Teaching Award for the Tennessee and Indiana Division for 2012, and National College Outstanding College Member for the Memphis Campus three times. She was also nominated for the 2012 Board of Directors of the Memphis World Trade Club. Patrenna teaches business management courses and is the Department Chair over Management, Accounting, and Logistics/Supply Chain Management at the National College of Business & Technology Memphis Campus.
Carla Stoutemire has been a surgical technologist for 18 years. She received her training from Choffin Career and Technical Center and is a Certified Surgical Technologist. She is an active member of the Association of Surgical Technologists TN Assembly. Carla is an instructor at the Memphis Campus.
BBA, BS, MS, RHIA, CPHQ, CQIA
Daphne Willis has more than fifteen years of experience in Healthcare Quality Management, Joint Commission accreditation readiness and preparation, clinical data management, statistical quality tools application, and performance improvement team facilitation. She holds a bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Arkansas State University, a bachelor's degree in Health Information Management from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and a master's degree in Healthcare Services Administration from Central Michigan University. She is a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), a Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) by the American Society for Quality (ASQ), a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt through the University Medical Center Alliance- Methodist Healthcare, and a former Lead Quality Examiner for the Greater Memphis Association for Quality (GMAQ).
Career Services and Employer Partnerships
At American National University, the success of our students is always priority number one.
American National University knows that transitioning from being a student to becoming a working professional requires more than just a good education. At ANU, the process of helping you find great career opportunities begins long before you enter our doors. The academic leaders at ANU work with local employers to ensure that our programs align with careers of today and the future.
We will assist you with creating goals and exploring career options. No matter where you are in your career, you will always have access to the full range of services. Here are a few of the many services we offer:
- Mock interviews
- Business etiquette training
- DVD, books, and magazines on conducting your job search
- Coaching on dressing for success
- Assistance with writing resumes and cover letters
- Tips on researching potential employers
- Access to current local job openings
» Highlight on Local Employers
Distinguished Local Employers will be added to this campus location soon.