Roanoke Valley Campus (College in Roanoke Valley)
American National University (ANU) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and offers programs through distance education and blended learning. Programs offered through this site include:
Diplomas & Certificates
Associate's Degree Programs
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
Graduate Degree Programs
Contact an Admission representative to learn about which degree program may be best for you.
Will I be able to fit classes into my busy life?
Our curricula are geared for students with busy work and family lives, who are looking to get started in a new career or advance in their current line of work. With your busy schedule in mind, ANU offers:
- Online, on-campus, or blended degree programs: that allow you to take classes on your time in a format that fits you
- Video conferencing options: which allows us to offer you classes without delaying your schedule and connects you to students across campuses and states
- Day and evening on-campus classes1: To fit your scheduling needs
- Each on-campus class held once a week: Leaving you with more time open for work and family
- Frequent term starts with short breaks in between: so you can finish your degree quickly and retain the information you’ve learned
- Short programs: Designed to equip you with a degree and get you started on your career without wasting your time
Will I be able to afford it?
Our professional financial planners can craft a plan to make college a reality for you. We understand that each student has unique circumstances and questions, which is why each student meets personally with a student service representative to identify available sources of financial assistance. Several financial aid/FAFSA options are available to students who qualify including:
- ANU Funded Grants & Scholarships
- Federal Financial (FAFSA) Assistance
- Private Grants and Scholarships
What if I need help?
American National University has a family-like campus atmosphere with all the resources of a large university. From small classes, to a team of staff and faculty dedicated to helping you succeed, you’ll find you will fit right into the ANU Roanoke Valley community.
- Personalized attention: receive one-on-one attention from teachers and staff members who know you by name
- Hands on learning with career professionals as instructors: Rather than just relying upon theoretical book learning, ANU offers instruction that gives you practical experience in your field, taught by people who have experience in your future field
- Career Services: Even before you graduate, our career services team can help you prepare your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques, and offer support in your search for your future career opportunities
- Alumni Benefits: Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher2 courses available throughout your career.
Come in for a tour of your future classrooms and meet your future teachers, staff members, and fellow-students today!
Where Are You Located?
Our campuses are easy to get to, offer ample parking, and with our eLearning options you may even be able to take classes from home.
Directions to the Roanoke Valley VA location:
From Exit 141 of Interstate 81, exit south on Route 419 (Electric Road) and turn left at the second traffic light, which is East Main Street (Route 460).
From Salem, come east on Main Street just two blocks past the Electric Road intersection, and from Roanoke, come west on Melrose Avenue, just into the city of Salem.
From the south, take Route 419 north, right on Route 460 two blocks and turn left on Hillmont Drive to the visitor parking lots.
The key to our success is a faculty of Professional Instructors with Industry Experience. Drawing on personal insights, our instructors provide students with a real-world perspective to prepare them for success in well-defined fields of employment.
At American National University we emphasize individual attention for our students, from enrollment to graduation with frequent and helpful faculty interaction every step of the way. Our class sizes are smaller, with an average of 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio, allowing for one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Our Faculty at a Glance
B.A., M.Ed. TESOL Candidate
Rossana Aragon has worked extensively in the ESL field both as an instructor and as a teacher trainer in Cusco-Peru. As an academic coordinator, Rossana has developed teaching training programs and class materials for ICPNA Cusco-Peru. She holds a Bachelors in Arts degree in Education with major in English from Federico Villareal University in Lima-Peru. She has also completed coursework towards an MA in TESOL instruction at Piura University in Peru. Rossana has been a keynote speaker in various ESL workshops throughout Peru. She has been a proctor for Michigan international examinations as well.
Department Chair - Business Management
Mathew S. George has served in a variety of management and accounting positions in the business and not-for-profit sectors, has owned a travel agency and a real estate business, and was a realtor licensed in the state of Virginia. Mathew received his Bachelor of Science degree in management from Brigham Young University and his Master of Business Administration degree from Virginia Tech. He teaches business, marketing, and management courses and is chair of the business management programs for the American National University Roanoke Valley Campus and the Online program. Mathew is also an ACICS evaluator and performs accreditation visits at other colleges across the country.
Career Services and Employer Partnerships
At American National University, the success of our students is always priority number one.
American National University knows that transitioning from being a student to becoming a working professional requires more than just a good education. At ANU, the process of helping you find great career opportunities begins long before you enter our doors. The academic leaders at ANU work with local employers to ensure that our programs align with careers of today and the future.
We will assist you with creating goals and exploring career options. No matter where you are in your career, you will always have access to the full range of services. Here are a few of the many services we offer:
- Mock interviews
- Business etiquette training
- DVD, books, and magazines on conducting your job search
- Coaching on dressing for success
- Assistance with writing resumes and cover letters
- Tips on researching potential employers
- Access to current local job openings
» Highlight on Local Employers
Distinguished Local Employers will be added to this campus location soon.