It’s not just about a great education; it’s also about what you do with it.
If you want a successful career, your education is a big part of the equation that will help you achieve results, but it isn’t the only thing that you’ll need to set up a successful career. You also need to present your abilities and credentials in the best possible light and to connect to all the resources available to you.
At American National University, we’ll train you with the skills you need for your career, and then our Career Services will help you market your skills out in the real world. The all new online ANU Career Connect portal gives you the ability to easily contact career placement specialists via e-mail, chat, and video-chat and receive one-on-one help with essential job-searching skills like resume writing, mock interviews, and job searching tips. It also offers students 24/7 access to tutorials on how to prepare your portfolio, polish the image you present to potential employers, and find employment opportunities.
“We don’t just wait for students to come to us. We reach out to them to make sure they’re well-prepared and ready for their careers.”
Career Services is involved at the start of your educational program with career development and planning that assesses your skillset and introduces you to the industry you’ll be entering. Do you want to know about the job market in your field? How about how to get an edge on the competition you might face and find more information on the companies that might be hiring? We’ll provide you with relevant information about the labor market, salaries, and more.
“We take a very proactive approach,” says Executive Director of Career Support Services Shonny K. Cooke. “We don’t just wait for students to come to us. We reach out to them to make sure they’re well-prepared and ready for their careers.”
Shonny says that ANU Career Services personnel pride themselves on the one-on-one service they provide to students and graduates. Shonny explains that the benefit of a 24/7 online ANU Career Connect portal is that students who may not have been able to access on-campus career options now have easy access to that same personalized attention and they have greater access to work on their resumes, interviewing skills, and look and apply for jobs from home.
Here are some of the services you can take advantage of through ANU Career Connect:
- Easy access to personalized career advice and one-on-one guidance with career placement specialists via e-mail, chat, and video-chat.
- 24/7 access to concise tutorials on how to conduct a specific job search in your field and prepare for interviews.
- Our employer directory – with more than 450 employers for you to check out and see who’s hiring. Besides employers posting up positions directly to ANU Career Connect that specifically fit with qualifications that ANU graduates meet, the portal links directly to sites like Indeed and Internships.com to provide you with many employment and internship opportunities.
- Mock interviews with our career specialists via video that help you refine your interviewing skills. We’ll even give you useful feedback on your performance.
- Screen-share assistance on navigating online applications.
- Opting in to e-mails and texts and receiving job alerts when a relevant job match occurs.
“The career connect portal is a great tool. It helps students and graduates connect with employment opportunities,” says Shonny. “It also shows them how to navigate through the kinds of systems and technology they’ll find in today’s workplace.”
As a student or graduate of ANU, you can access Career Connect 24 hours a day, seven days a week and speak with a live Career Placement Specialist from 8 AM to 7 PM Mondays through Thursdays and from 8 AM to 5 PM on Fridays. If you’re ready to build your career, start with your education –and then connect to your future career with ANU Career Connect.