Accounting Office Assistant Diploma
Keeping the Books in Order
As an accounting office assistant, you will maintain up-to-date and accurate records of daily transactions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventories, payroll and various other records. You may assist an accountant in preparation of financial statements. You may record and compile financial data by hand or with the aid of a computer. As an accounting office assistant you may also be called upon to work with customers and to perform various general office responsibilities.
American National University’s Accounting Office Assistant diploma program¹ can quickly prepare you for an entry-level position as you learn fundamental accounting skills and the computer applications that are widely used in the business world today. You will build the foundation of accounting principles and will learn how to use technology to create and analyze reports used to manage business assets.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing an associate’s degree in Business Administration Accounting or Management, this diploma program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for entry-level employment as a payroll clerk, accounting technician, or general office clerk.
Your Learning Experience
As a student in American National University’s Accounting Office Assistant diploma program you will:
- Understand basic general accounting principles and practices.
- Become familiar with industry-standard software used to apply the basic principles and procedures of accounting.
- Gain entry-level proficiency in areas like spreadsheet applications.
- Learn about payroll reporting methods.
- Throughout the curriculum, your program will focus on critical thinking and technology skills.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn a diploma you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels – areas such as Accounting, Business Administration and Office Technology.
See also our Business Administration Accounting associate’s degree and Business Administration Management associate’s degree programs.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.