Accounting technicians take care of financial bookkeeping, handle payroll and maintain accounts payable or accounts receivable activity.
American National University’s Accounting diploma program¹ is designed to prepare you to become proficient in fundamental business practices with an emphasis on general accounting and business principles.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing an associate’s degree in Business Administration Accounting or Management, this diploma program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for entry-level employment as a payroll clerk, accounting technician, or general office clerk.
Your Learning Experience
- Gain an understanding of the role and function of topics such as financial management, valuation of investments, cost of capital, capital structure, dividends and capital budgeting.
- Become familiar with using computers and software applications to apply the basic principles and procedures of accrual accounting.
- Gain entry-level proficiency in programs such as spreadsheet applications.
- Learn about audit reporting, auditing standards, techniques and procedures.
- Throughout the curriculum, your program will focus on critical thinking and technology skills.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn a diploma you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels – areas such as Accounting, Business Administration and Office Technology.
Also view our Business Administration Accounting associate’s degree.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
American National University is proud to announce the graduation of Munkhtuya Tsambasuren. Munkhtuya received her Master's in Business Administration (MBA) from the Roanoke, Virginia campus of American National University in the United States.
» Read article
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.