Administrative Office Specialist Diploma
It Pays to be Organized
Administrative support professionals are often a business’s most indispensable employee, performing the duties necessary for an efficient organization.
The American National University’s administrative office specialist diploma program¹ will introduce you to office administration and its many facets in the business world. You will be confidently prepared with the skills employers need in a wide variety of modern office environments.
You will learn Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and others. You will acquire the office skills necessary to maintain schedules, files and correspondence; organize paperwork; and manage the day-to-day operations of an office and the business office concepts to meet the demands of today’s workplace.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing an associate's degree in office technology, this diploma program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for entry-level employment as a secretary, administrative assistant, or receptionist.
See also our Office Technology Professional – Associate’s Degree
Your Learning Experience
As a student in American National University’s administrative office assistant diploma program you will:
- Develop the skills to communicate effectively and provide professional customer service.
- Learn how to handle general office procedures and tasks.
- Learn to utilize general desktop and spreadsheet applications.
- Gain first-hand experience in using current Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Have a general understanding of how businesses operate.
The coursework in this program can prepare you to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. The certified Microsoft Office Specialist designation can help you stand out in today’s competitive job market and broadens your employment opportunities by displaying advanced skills.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn a diploma you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high demand fields at the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels – areas such as accounting, business administration and office technology.
1 While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Cost & Disclosure Information: