Computerized Office Applications Diploma
Put Your Desktop Applications Skills to Work
Open the door to endless career possibilities.
American National University’s computerized office applications diploma program¹ is designed to provide you with the skills you need to meet the demands of current and emerging business environments.
Through a blended curriculum of classroom lecture and computer lab exercises, you will gain the on-hands training to build essential office skills with a strong foundation in Microsoft Office applications.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing an Office Technology Professional associate’s degree, this diploma program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for entry-level employment as an office assistant, administrative assistant or receptionist.
Your Learning Experience
As a student in American National University’s Computerized Office Applications diploma program, you will:
- Gain first-hand experience in using current Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Learn the fundamentals of English composition and expand your writing skills in the world of business.
- Understand basic mathematical concepts and formulas and how they relate to real-world business situations.
The coursework in this program will help to prepare you to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. Earning the designation of a certified Microsoft Office Specialist can help you stand out in today’s competitive job market and broaden your employment opportunities by displaying advanced skills.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your diploma in Computerized Office Applications, you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels – areas such as computers, office technology and business administration.
See also our Office Technology Professional associate’s degree.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.