Master of Science in Cybersecurity
Become a highly sought-after cybersecurity professional
Cyberattacks are on the rise and well-trained cybersecurity professionals are in high demand as businesses and organizations turn to them to keep their computer networks and systems secure.
Gain an Edge on the Competition
Gain the competitive edge you need to become a leader in the field of cybersecurity with the ANU Master of Science in Cybersecurity (MSC) degree. In the program, you’ll gain the skills you need to design and implement robust cyber security solutions to prevent and detect cyberattacks.
Enhance Your Career
Whether you’re a cybersecurity professional, or you’d like to advance in your information technology career by adding cybersecurity expertise, the ANU master’s degree in cybersecurity offers a broad foundation of relevant, practical skills that will give you the competitive edge that you need to seek employment or advancement in a variety of areas, including intelligence, computer forensics, IT management, and security engineering.
As a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) program, graduates who are international students may be able to qualify for an additional 24-month OPT (Optional Practical Training) extension. See https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/stem-opt-hub for additional information.
In the program, you’ll focus on best practices in information security, including advanced prevention, detection, countermeasures, and recovery. You’ll also learn to implement training, provide security management, and collect evidence. In addition, you’ll develop a project plan for a security assessment utilizing the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Core classes include Information Security Systems and Organizational Awareness, Intrusion Detection Attack and Countermeasures, and Information Security Project Management. The ANU MSC program will also prepare you to sit for a number of certification exams, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE).
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Online Courses (eLearning) Through ANU
At American National University, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education and to achieve their career goals. We offer busy students in bachelor and MBA programs the option of taking classes through our convenient online learning platform. As an online American National University student, you'll receive the same career-focused education with personal attention from our faculty and staff that students receive in our classrooms... such as academic advising, mentoring, and career services. The only difference is you can choose when to study so that it works with your schedule, leaving you more flexibility to balance life's priorities.
Find out more about eLearning classes with American National University, including what it's like to be an online student, here. Speak with an Online Representative – call 888.980.9156.