Master of Science in Information Technology
Advanced high-tech and real-world IT training.
American National University’s new Master of Science in Information Technology (MS-IT) provides IT professionals with the advanced knowledge to manage the increasingly complex information systems in use today.
Students in this program will gain a broad technical understanding of current and emerging technologies in the industry, a familiarity with systems engineering concepts, and a solid foundation in net-centric computing. They will also have a firm grasp of current and future effects of the convergence of the telecommunications, media, and information technology sectors.
Faculty with both academic credentials and industry experience provide a practical perspective. Under their expert guidance, students will study real-world problems and opportunities with software-intensive systems, and learn methods to evaluate, adopt, and exploit emerging technologies. MS-IT students will be working closely with fellow IT professionals to complete class assignments within teams, in order to prepare students for the real-world work environment and build their professional networks.
Possible career paths for MS-IT graduates include:
- Network Administrator
- Network Architect
- IT Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Network and Security Engineer
- Web Developer,
- Integration Engineer
- Network and Systems Administrator
Classes are offered via ANU eUniversity and select on-ground classes at the Roanoke Valley Campus.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Online Courses (eLearning) Through ANU
At American National University, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education and to achieve their career goals. We offer busy students in bachelor and MBA programs the option of taking classes through our convenient online learning platform. As an online American National University student, you'll receive the same career-focused education with personal attention from our faculty and staff that students receive in our classrooms... such as academic advising, mentoring, and career services. The only difference is you can choose when to study so that it works with your schedule, leaving you more flexibility to balance life's priorities.
Find out more about eLearning classes with American National University, including what it's like to be an online student, here. Speak with an Online Representative – call 888.980.9156.
Cost & Disclosure Information: