Medical Office Professional Diploma
Keeping a Healthy Pulse on the Front Office
American National University’s Medical Office Professional diploma program¹ will provide you the skills necessary to manage the day-to-day operations of a medical office environment. You will help medical professionals by greeting and scheduling patients, filing insurance claims, ordering supplies, managing office correspondence, and performing general accounting and bookkeeping duties.
Through a blended curriculum of classroom instruction and hands-on training you can receive a practical education designed to prepare you to work as a medical office professional.
In addition to serving as a strong foundation for pursuing an associate’s degree in medical assisting, this diploma program is designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for entry-level employment as a medical secretary, medical receptionist, or patient coordinator.
Your Learning Experience
Through American National University’s medical office professional diploma program, you will gain proficiency in technology, medical office procedures, medical terminology, time management, and organizational skills. You'll also hone in on your decision making and creative thinking skills.
Our technology training emphasizes medical, word processing, spreadsheet, and communications software applications.
By the time you graduate, you will have trained to be an accurate, resourceful, and productive professional with the skills necessary to be able to comfortably communicate with other medical professionals in a medical environment.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your diploma in medical office professional, you can immediately use your training to advance your career as you continue your education in high demand fields at the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels – areas such as medical assisting, office technology and health care management.
See also our Medical Assisting – Associate’s Degree.
1 While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
“It has been the best decision I have made in my life.”
» Read article
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Cost & Disclosure Information: