Network Administration Bachelor’s Degree
Hone Your Network Administration Skills. Enhance Your Career Prospects
Many businesses rely on network administrators to ensure security of information, maintain computer networks and help troubleshoot problems that arise with computer systems. In this critical role you have direct impact on every department and every employee because the network infrastructure touches all aspects of the business. The network administration bachelor's degree program at American National University can help you prepare to take on these challenges and compete for mid-level positions such as network engineers, network administrator managers or network analysts in the enterprise.
Through course work study, real-world learning scenarios and valuable exposure to industry-standard tools, you'll learn to design and administer networks focused on Microsoft® Windows Server. The curriculum includes planning, designing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft® environments ranging from small, local networks to wide area integrated networks. Specific topics include virtualization and cloud computing technologies, unified communications and collaboration services, Linux and web server administration, and security and wireless networks architectures. Because our courses are modeled on professional certification standards, you can gain the educational background to help you prepare for Microsoft®, Cisco®, CompTIA certification examinations while earning your degree.
The bachelor's degree in network administration is also available through American National University Online. For more information, visit Network Administration bachelor's degree online program.
Whether you want to work at a large or small business, government or non-profit entity, complete the information request form or call 888-980-9156 today to learn more about how a network administration degree might benefit you.
Your Learning Experience
The network administration bachelor's degree program is intended for students seeking to gain training in the major areas of network operations and administration, which may include user support and troubleshooting, infrastructure configuration and maintenance, and network operations management.
The program combines technical skills and knowledge with a focus on professional skills in areas including leadership and communications. In this curriculum you will learn how to:
- Apply best practices in network operations and administration.
- Configure network components for operations.
- Program for database connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and remedy network problems.
- Design and implement a WAN and LAN.
- Describe, implement and troubleshoot network-based communications and collaboration services.
Students may also enter into the progressive education path at different points; meaning a student may have earned a an associate's degree at another institution and may transfer to ANU to continue in a growing number of fields at the bachelor's and graduate levels - in high-demand areas such as network administration, cybersecurity and information technology.
AffordableSchools.net ranks 20 affordable computer networking degrees
» Read article
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Online Courses (eLearning) Through ANU
At American National University, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to further their education and to achieve their career goals. We offer busy students in bachelor and MBA programs the option of taking classes through our convenient online learning platform. As an online American National University student, you'll receive the same career-focused education with personal attention from our faculty and staff that students receive in our classrooms... such as academic advising, mentoring, and career services. The only difference is you can choose when to study so that it works with your schedule, leaving you more flexibility to balance life's priorities.
Find out more about eLearning classes with American National University, including what it's like to be an online student, here. Speak with an Online Representative – call 888.980.9156.
Cost & Disclosure Information: