Nursing Associate’s Degree
» BSN Degree
Making a Difference One Patient at a Time
This program¹ is designed to provide you the knowledge and skills to work in a variety of healthcare settings, whether it being a registered nurse in the community, health information, or education.
Through a blended curriculum of lecture, labs, and clinical training, you will develop the skills you need to be successful.
As a student, you will:
- Develop basic skills as a nurse.
- Gain knowledge to function effectively in a healthcare setting and meet professional health care standards.
- Learn how to act quickly in order to react to patient needs.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, clinical decision making, holistic, and compassionate care to patients across the life span.
Students successfully completing this program are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEXRN) leading to licensure as a registered nurse.
(Kentucky Board of Nursing Status: Full Approval)
Your Learning Experience
Learn how procedures along with critical thinking skills are applied in the delivery of direct patient care.
Learn nursing care across the life span, addressing individuals and their health care needs in the context of family and groups.
Medical/Surgical Nursing III
A clinical practicum that will provide a supervised clinical rotation where you will deliver care within the scope of best practices.
Program core courses may include
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Introduction of Nursing
- Family training
- Medical/Surgical Nursing I & II
- Community Health/Psychiatric
- Leadership and Management
- Medical/Surgical Nursing III, Integrated Practicum
1 While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Cost & Disclosure Information: