Paralegal Associate’s Degree
Be an Integral Part of the Legal Team
Paralegals play a crucial role in the practice of the legal profession. While lawyers are ultimately responsible for legal work, paralegals provide many key tasks in the preparation of cases and documents.
American National University’s (ANU) Paralegal associate’s degree program¹ can provide you with the fundamental knowledge of legal terminology, procedural law, drafting of legal documents, and the research skills necessary for career success.
The paralegal associate’s degree program at American National University is approved by the ABA (American Bar Association), an important credential for most legal employers.
Your Learning Experience
American National University’s Paralegal studies program combines academic rigor with legal, technical and leadership skills development to develop well-rounded paralegal professionals. Our graduates are prepared to pursue careers as legal assistants and paralegals to perform tasks in legal, corporate, non-profit or government organizations.
- Learn from a curriculum designed with input from working professionals in the legal industry.
- Your learning experience will focus on relevant law classes, such as real estate law, bankruptcy law, immigration law and tort law.
- You will develop an understanding on how to use industry-standard online research tools.
- Your training will be focused with an emphasis in learning legal terminology, drafting legal documents and conducting legal research.
- You will gain an understanding of how to navigate the court systems.
In additional to a comprehensive paralegal education, you will gain career skills needed to succeed in a highly competitive legal marketplace through a 120-hour externship at a local business or organization.
Your coursework and instructors will prepare you to take the National Certified Legal Assistant/Paralegal Examination (CLA/CP Exam) upon graduation to further improve your professional credentials.
American National University promotes a progressive learning format, so as you earn your associate’s degree you can immediately use your training to advance as you continue your education in high-demand fields at the bachelor’s degree level – areas such as Business Administration–Accounting or Management or Health Care Management.
Also available, Paralegal Studies Certificate.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times, or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
American National University does not support the unauthorized practice of law. The unauthorized practice of law damages the legal profession and the public it serves. A paralegal may not provide any legal services directly to the public or hold himself or herself out as an individual qualified to render independent legal services to another. A paralegal shall comply with the applicable legal authority governing the unauthorized practice of law in the jurisdiction in which the paralegal is employed or resides.
“I challenge my students to learn something every day. I want them to take something away from each class and never stop learning."
» Read article
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.