Software Development & Engineering Associate's Degree
Engineering Your Future
American National University's Associate's degree in Software Development and Engineering is designed to help you gain the skills necessary to design, create, and deploy software solutions for complex problems. Professionals with skills in software developing and engineering, relational databases, and programming languages are helping government and industry develop high-performance, high-availability, and secure solutions for many of today's most challenging problems.
Your program will offer coursework covering programming logic fundamentals and will provide hands-on experience in widely used programming languages to develop basic skills for web, mobile applications, and computer programming. In addition to the principle course of study, you may participate in an externship placement in a supervised business environment to gain career-related experience to strengthen your resume.
The software development and engineering program not only serves as a strong foundation for pursuing a bachelor's degree in a related field such as network administration or information technology but is also designed to give you the skills and techniques needed for employment as a computer programmer, software developer, and other related disciplines.
Whether you want to work at a large or small business, government or non-profit entity, complete the information request form or 888.956.2732 today to learn more about how a software development and engineering degree might benefit you.
Your Learning Experience
The Software Development and Engineering Associate's Degree program provides a balance between theory and practice, with a greater emphasis on hands-on learning.
- Learn the use of Structured Query (SQL) Language SQL to access and manipulate data in relational database management systems.
- Gain hands-on experience with both Microsoft and Oracle implementations of SQL and how they operate within the enterprise and on the desktop.
- Learn the fundamentals of programming languages such as Java, their importance, uses, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Gain skills in developing applications for Android mobile devices on a Windows or MAC computer.
Students may also enter into the progressive education path at different points; meaning a student may have earned credits at another institution and may transfer to ANU to continue their training in a growing number of fields at the associate's, bachelor's and graduate levels - in high-demand areas such as software development, cybersecurity, network administration, and information technology.
“I was here exactly seven days when they offered me a job.”
» Read article
Why American National University?
- Convenience and flexibility – With day and evening classes¹ you have the flexibility to work as you earn your degree.
- Personal attention – You’re not just a face in a crowd, our small class sizes allow for personal attention from instructors.
- Career professionals as instructors – With current and relevant curricula, you will learn from instructors with real-world field experience who will guide and mentor you.
- Career services – Our career services team starts to help you before you graduate with your resume, cover letters, interviewing techniques and how to search for great career opportunities.
- Alumni benefits – Our support doesn’t end at graduation, as an alumnus you will have access to our career services and refresher² courses available throughout your career.
¹While widely available, not all courses are available at all class times or offered every term. Check with a University Student Services representative.
²Refresher training is tuition-free for qualified students. Additional costs such as lab fees, books and supplies are the responsibilities of the student. Retraining is limited to the program from which the student graduated and is subject to space available.
If you would rather speak with a representative over the phone, call 888.956.2732.
Cost & Disclosure Information: